Wednesday 11 November 2009

A nice day out☺

We paid a visit to a National Trust property today for the first time since we became members in July lol.
What a nice day! Went to a place called Dunham Massey in Cheshire and it was lovely. Unfortunately the house was closed. Won't be open again until February, but we had a lovely walk around the Winter Garden and saw the deer. It is rutting season so we only saw 3 young ones as the others were kept away from the public so as not to disturb them doing what comes natuarally ;-) We had our lunch there and I bought a great cook book full of traditional English recipes. I may even start cooking again! Got myself a lovely tin of biscuits with the 12 days of Christmas on it. It cost me £7 but I couldn't resist it because it's so Christmassy. The visit has given me a taste for days out now so we will be visiting a mill next time and they show you how to make cloth.Should be good.
Going out for a pizza tonight so we've had a full day.
Some piccy's here if want to take a peek :-)

No comments: