Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Well here we are. 2017! Already 17 years since the Millennium! How quickly the time passes.

We had the most wonderful evening last night, waiting to welcome in the New Year. We spent it at Enzo and Janet's again in great company. The table and food were amazing and we played a few games in between courses. Fireworks at midnight and a bit of Robbie Williams on the telebox rounded off what was a perfect evening.
Photos are rubbish!

Table decorations

Enzo our host
Prawn and avocado, crab and salmon starter
Happy Aniello (for once)
Guess who?One of the games we played
Choice of beef or duck. I chose beef. Delicious!
Margaret with the best game ever!
The host and hostess with puddings




Sorry Janet, it had to be done :D 


I for one am not sorry to say goodbye to 2016. It's been a shocking year for celebrity deaths and so many atrocities at the hands of terrorists. All we can pray for is worldwide peace, but I doubt there will ever truly be peace between such diverse people as we humans.

Today I decided to start the year off by attending church, something I haven't done in a long time (apart from Christmas Eve mass which was lovely) I need to find my faith again and am going to try hard to re-gain it this year by regularly attending Sunday mass. The priest at St Bernadette's, our local RC church, seems to have just the right balance in what we look for in a priest. Humour, piety but also being in touch with his parishioners. I feel better already for having been to church so shall continue my personal journey and see where it takes me.

I took Ruby for her first walk of the year. We went on the cliffs at Bispham because the tide was in. She still managed a good run and a play with a 6 month old black lab. She's getting so good at coming back to me when I call her. Very proud of her and yet another person remarked about her dressage manner of walking.

I'm going to try and keep up with writing a few words every day but how long it will last is anyone's guess.

Here's to a Happy, Healthy and maybe a little Prosperous New Year 2017 :D

Weather today....Sunny, windy, cold!

I've only just heard this and I love it! Going to post a song/video I like every day of 2017...

No comments: