Thursday 18 April 2013

Wizard of Oz

We took Ermelinda to see the Wizard of Oz on the North Pier on Saturday. It was a fabulously funny show and I only paid £5 each instead of £10 because I got the tickets on Deal Monster. What a saving and you'd have thought getting them so cheap we would have been in the cheap seats at the back somewhere, but we were only on row L and had a fabulous view.
Grace Adams from Big Brother was excellent as the wicked witch because she behaved like a witch in the house. She had a pretty good singing voice too.
I love that old theatre. I saw many shows there during the 60's and 70's when Mum used to take me and my sister to all the shows around town each year.
Ermelinda enjoyed herself and was giggling all the way through the show. She was as good as gold and a bonus was that she got to have her photo taken with the cast on our way out of the theatre. It was raining when we came out and a poor woman slipped on the wet decking of the pier. She seemed to have really hurt her hip and managed to walk but with a limp. I hope she was ok.
I took a quick photo of Ermelinda with the tower in the background. It's always nice if you were born in Blackpool to have a photo of yourself as a child with the mighty tower as a backdrop :)
My little beauty ♥
An old cine projector 
 The stage
 Me and my sweetheart
 Ermelinda and her Zio Aniello (my hubby)
 With the cast of the show
 Tower in the background ♥


No comments: