Monday 22 April 2013

Feeling very honoured :)

I received a message from my sister last night saying Malik wants me to make another soldier teddy to send to the Weeton Barracks. Apparently they saw the ted I'd made for Malik to take with him to Afghanistan (which he sadly left behind and asked us to post on to him) It had to be sent from Weeton and obviously they saw it and liked it so much they want another making for the Barracks. He could become their Mascot. I'm so excited to be asked anyway :) I'll be off out to buy the wool I need and I've already bought the lapel pin to use as the cap badge. Can't wait to get started now. 
Also we've had another call to be sewing Angels this afternoon. It's always sad that we need to be called on but we're always ready and willing to help in any small way we can. The sewing Angels are group of women who come together to help make memory blankets for the families of children who have sadly passed away. I'm proud to be a Sewing Angel ♥
A photo of our brave soldier with his bear

No comments: