Thursday 1 March 2012

Mario's birthday

Yesterday was my boy's 8th birthday although really he was 32. We had a nice meal at Nunzio's to mark the occasion. It's so scary to think it was 32 years ago that I brought him into this world. Where does the time go? I must say it's a very different world now than it was back then and not necessarily a better one!
Our story in the Gazette 29th February 1980!
Sad news about two Davids :(
When I arrived home after our meal I came online and read the very sad news that Davy Jones of the Monkees had passed away from a heart attack. I was so in love with him as a teenager as were most of the teenage girls back then I would think (and secretly maybe even a few teenage boys). That's one good thing about the world today..........people don't need to hide their sexuality the way they did back then although sadly some prejudice still exists. Anyway R.I.P. Davy. Gone far too soon :(

In yet more sad news on my boys special day I heard that PC David Rathband who was shot by evil Raoul Moat was found dead at his home after apparently commiting suicide. He tried so hard to carry on but I guess he'd just had enough of trying to cope with losing his sight, having to rely on others and the strain it put on his marriage and family life and also the flashbacks of that awful day. R.I.P David :(

It's St David's Day today so Happy St David's Day to all with Welsh heritage. My mum is a thoroughbred so that makes me half Welsh ;) How strange that two Davids passed away the day before St David's Day. Really makes you wonder doesn't it? :/
Here's a link if you want to know about St David 

Today the sun is shining and I'm going to go out for a nice little walk so enjoy your day everyone :) x

No comments: