Thursday 28 March 2013

A snapshot of life on the Wildside

This morning I spent an enjoyable half hour watching the wildlife passing through my back garden. Much better than watching Jeremy Kyle on the TV!
Got the shock of my life when I saw what I thought was a leaf whizz past the patio window though because I swore it had a tail! Turned out it did indeed have a tail with a tiny mouse attached to it ;)

The mouse and the elephant
 Leaf with a tail?
 Who are you looking at?

There are two Magpies building a nest in the tree in next door but one's garden and they're forever back and forth collecting twigs and other bits and pieces. 
Aniello spotted one Magpie dipping some bread in water, then tapping it on the fence to get rid of the excess. He then flew off to place it in the nest. Shame I missed it :(
I did get these though :)


The owner of the house at the back of us keeps Pigeons and Collared doves and they come into our garden every day eating the seed we put out for the smaller birds. They drive us mad but they make great models for me!




I managed to capture a Great Tit at the top of our tree. Not a brilliant photo but I wanted to add it because it's cute ♥

The Starlings come every day too but today I only caught this one on its lonesome. 

And last but not least I had a visit from another regular....Squirrel Nutkins. We've had lots of different squirrels over the past 5 years. Male, female, ones with torn ears, some braver than others and we call them all Nutkins. Today's Nutkins was tiny and came very close to the door so must be getting pretty used to us Humans. It was a pretty little thing. Unfortunately the photo's I took from inside the house weren't very good so when I spotted him having a rest in the Willow tree I went out and took these ♥

A lovely Blackbird landed briefly but was gone before I could take a photo. All in all a very enjoyable half an hour. Love my garden :)

No comments: