Wednesday 6 January 2010

It's a cold, cold Winter!

It's freezing cold here and has been for a few weeks now. No sign of a let up and we've had snow 3 times in Blackpool, which is practcally unheard of here because of the salt in the air from the sea. We're supposed to get more snow on Sunday so we'll see. I actually love it but I know how much of a hazzard it is for the elderly, my mum included. I've never seen her so frightened of going out! We're all looking after her by shopping for her etc.
We went to a funeral today. My sister's boyfriend's mum died just after Christmas. She was in her 80's so a good age but it's always sad when anyone passes away. A funeral really brings it home to you that it'll be your turn one day. It also made me want to plan my own to make sure they get the hymns right!
I'm just watching Celebrity Big Brother and it always amazes me to what length's people will go to, to stay in the limelight. I always think there's something sadly lacking in people who crave fame! Give me people I love and who love me and I'm totally content with my lot :)
I've decided this is the year that I get on with writing my Family History. I've done so much research ~ got back to 1668 on one branch of the tree ~ so I need to put all my info in order now or no-one will ever be able to make sense of it lol.
Tried speaking to my little friend Linda in Oz tonight but couldn't get connected on Skype :(
Will try again tomorrow.
Night all xx

No comments: